- Pen on paper
About the Artwork
- Species: Red Vented Bulbul. These birds have a tiny crest on the head, body is dark brown with patterns of scales like the ones found on fishes. Their vent is vibrant red which gives them the name Red-vented bulbul. Their tail is tip is with white marking as well. Both male and female look alike, younger ones are duller brown. They calls are strong single note which sound like” quee-quee-quee-quee”. This is a bird of dry scrub,open forest, plains and cultivated lands. They feed on insects, flowers and fruits.
About 8-9 years back they were found around Bangalore city was well, we had many scrub forests, open forests, flat plains, agricultural fields and grape vineyards in Bangalore. With the city pushing its boundaries and fast paced industrialization, there has been huge habitat loss, this loss means losing nesting space, losing food. Resulting in these birds moving their homes to outskirts of Bangalore.
- Inches: 11 x 14
- Centimeters:27.94 x 35.56
- Artwork is original and comes with authenticity certificates.
- Based on the country the shipping or postal/courier cost will be communicated.
- Artworks come without a frame, rolled in a PVC tube.
- Inside India based on the state postal/courier cost will be communicated.