- Oil on Canvas
About the Artwork
- Species: Osprey. In 2015 got to see my first Osprey at Bhadra River Tern Lodge, my artist’s friends who know me,know how much i love this bird. Had made several failed attempts before to sketch, draw, paint this majestic bird. Used to have dreams of watching them in the wild, finally on April 4th 2015 my dream came true. Summer was in her peak, pale greens were turning darker, constant chirping of the River Terns flying to and fro to their pebble nests. Feeding their young ones,some still trying to woo their mates. Greater Cormorants the expert divers, holding their breath, diving under and gulping a tilapia. Small Pratincole peeping through the sparse vegetation on manmade island. While our motor boat creates ripples on still blue water, creating vivid patterns of the reflecting forest.
There he stood at far off distance on an open perch, like a king, with a glittering white crown. His royal brown plumage like a velvet long gown, shimmering topaz eyes, long curvy talons likea well sharpen sword. I can surely say, my heart skipped a beat, when i got to watch his majesty up close in his full glory. A feeble attempt to capture that very moment through my brush is what i present to you here.
- Inches: 36 x 48
- Centimeters: 91.44 x 121.92
- Artwork is original and comes with authenticity certificates.
- Based on the country the shipping or postal/courier cost will be communicated.
- Artworks come without a frame, rolled in a PVC tube.
- Inside India based on the state postal/courier cost will be communicated.